8/8/05

Last Night's Show

Energy was a little low last night. The cast still did a great job and I doubt the audience (who has never seen the show before) would know, but we could tell in general they seemed a little off. We weren't as consistently tight on musical entrances either, so I think we will have to give them a little bit of a pep talk. I hope they do not feel discouraged by the review, it really is only one person's opinion.

A few of us are fighting off colds and Nikki had a little bit of a stomach thing going. I'm betting that today most of us will take a break or not do quite as much sight seeing. Rosslyn Chapel and Edinburgh Castle are still on my list and of course, there are shows galore.

Most of the cast now speaks with a Scottish accent (myself included). It was kind of funny that a few days ago a man riding in a car actually rolled down his window to yell in a Scottish accent to Junel and I, "Air ya frum here?" I don't know how disappointed he was when I replied, "Uhn-uh, sorry," in my nonexistent Iowa accent.

I feel bad that somehow John Frederick's and Liz Tomkinson's names got left off of the program. He is playing Leander, she is playing Galatea, and I'm not sure how they got overlooked. So my apologies, John and Liz, and keep up the good work. John actually organized getting a DVD shot of the production. I haven't spoken with him yet on how we can get it converted so that it will play in the US. More on that later.

Well, I should get back to the flat and figure out the plan for the day.

No comments: