8/17/05

More on Rosleague

As it turned out they did not have internet and I didn't really have time to blog till I got home. I think I'll still date things as if I were writing while they are happening, but actually I'm recreating Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on Monday.

The tricky part about deciding not to ride was that we still had to figure out a way to get the bikes and ourselves to Rosleague. I called Fidelma Ray of CycleWest and she couldn't pick us up or send someone because she was guiding another tour in S Ireland.

Junel and I also had overslept, so I rushed downstairs to get us some breakfast before it closed and talked to Dave and Teresa. They were still planning to ride, but were going to skip the Sky Road (Too bad, too, because the views are supposed to be gorgeous, but how much fun can it be in the rain?).

We ended up finding a taxi with a trailer for the bikes who was able to take us to Rosleague. Actually without the Sky Road Loop, the ride is the shortest of the three days. We got there and what a beautiful old manor house. It is right on the ocean and even though it was still drizzling, we grabbed an umbrella and the camera and took a short walk and some pictures.


View of the bay and mountain fog from the front lawn of Rosleague Manor. (©2005, Williams/Bacigalupo.)

Then I took a nap and Junel did some reading and it wasn't more than a couple of hours later when Dave and Teresa showed up. We sat in the Conservatory and had a pint of Guiness and they told us about their ride that day. Then they went up to their room for a nap before dinner.

The dining room at Rosleague is simply stunning and the food was fantastic. I think that was the night Junel had rabbit (or maybe it was duck?). Anyway, excellent.


Dining room at Rosleague Manor. (©2005, Williams/Bacigalupo.)

We decided to see what the weather was like and how we felt before we decided what to do about the next day's ride.

No comments: