8/22/08

A day of rest--sort of

Since we didn't have a show today we were able to have a bit of rest. I still got up somewhat early and tried to catch up on the blogging. I also contacted Ginger Janssen to see if she could send me the digital files for the postcards. We have been giving them out all over town.

Junel, Roslyn and I went to Craigdarroch Castle this morning. It is a famous Victorian mansion built in the 1890s for the coal baron Robert Dunsmuir. It was amazingly beautiful. It was almost completely covered on the inside with oak paneling and had lots of turn of the century antiques.

After that we popped downtown and did a little shopping at a Christmas store. Junel likes to buy a Christmas ornament from every place to which we travel. I haven't seen the ones she picked. I held on to Roslyn outside--too many breakables.

We got back to the room in time for Roslyn to take a nap and I went to the Site Office to collect the box office receipts. It turned out we had 32 people for the first show. We hope if we get good reviews that that will increase. I also decided to go ahead and have the flyers made. So I spent a couple more hours walking back and forth between shops and then to the hotel.

We had dinner at The Black Olive. They had excellent Italian and Greek food. Roslyn was a hit with the table next to us. She's already a little flirt. When we got back a group of people were leaving the hotel to go see The Dark Side.

Roslyn was getting tired so we put her to bed and I caught up some more on the blog. All for now....

No comments: