8/29/08

Tea at the Empress

The show last night had good energy. Unfortunately we only had about 20 people in the audience and they didn't seem to know it was permissible to clap. Today we had a day off between shows.

Junel went to work out after breakfast, so I watched Roslyn a while. She actually got a nap in. I had reserved a time at 4:30 for high tea at the Empress Hotel. Sharon was kind enough to come over and look after Roslyn, and so Junel and I took off for the Empress.


Junel and Mark at the Empress. Photo © 2008, Bacigalupo/Williams.

We had tea and their very special sandwiches and desserts of which unfortunately I can't recall the names. There was a guy playing jazz piano and the whole ambience was very relaxing. They also sent us back with some tea samples which was nice. All in all it was a great time.

I had rented a movie for us to watch when we got back, but I think I slept through most of it. Some of the cast and myself are fighting off colds. Hopefully we can finish the run without getting too sick.

No comments: